Saturday, August 2, 2008

It has begun...

We arrived in Texas a month ago and all was well. The trip down was made possible by the support of Lisa's parents, who not only packed up most of our belongings, but also drove the truck down and built over 10 pieces of Ikea furniture. We received a warm welcome from the McCormick family and began to settle into our new lives. However, we had some errands to run, and after three weeks of madness we finally came to a few conclusions.

1. Lisa and I can not avoid dealing with people who are incompetent
2. The state of Texas likes to take our money

Luckily neither of us had to start school or work (which oddly enough is school for Lisa too), so everything has worked out just fine. Lisa is in Michigan right now for Sara's graduation from nursing school. I just finished my week of orientation at Baylor College of Medicine and I officially start class on Monday.

This blog is going to be mostly about what Lisa and I are up to, but I'll also probably talk about med school quite a bit. I have never journaled or blogged before, so I'll do my best to update it with some frequency and not be too boring. If you are wondering about the title of the blog, then you obviously haven't been to an Astros game lately.

No comments: